GRE Test Prep
The Rutgers University GRE Prep Course is ideal for those seeking to begin an advanced degree from a wide range of fields. Our GRE preparation curriculum is a program developed by test-preparation experts. You’ll receive 24 hours of targeted instruction to help you fully prepare for the GRE. In addition, the GRE Prep Class course materials include GRE practice tests, so you can practice the skills and strategies you are learning in class on real test questions. Master strategies to improve your GRE score with the help of experienced GRE instructors who care about your success.
"...Upon taking the class, doing the work, and using the techniques provided in the class my score went up 100 points on the verbal and 50 points on the quantitative areas. This class was concise, educational, and very beneficial." -Gretchen
Choose the Format That Works for You!
GRE Prep Classes are offered on campus in New Brunswick, NJ and also live online, giving you the option to choose the format and schedule that works best for you. Our classroom programs combine the familiar experience of an in-person classroom with convenient online support resources. Live-online classes offer the same great program as the in-person GRE Prep Class with the added flexibility of attending class from anywhere or at any time. Our virtual classroom provides you with the opportunity to interact in real-time with our expert instructors and to re-watch the recordings of your class sessions at your convenience for up to 30 days after the course ends.
Quantitative Test Topics Include:
- Solution strategies, both for quantitative comparison and for multiple choice problems
- Tips for breaking complex word problems into small, manageable parts
- Tips for turning geometry diagrams into solvable equations
- Review of the math concepts frequently tested on the exam
Verbal Test Topics Include:
- Solving problems when you don’t know all the vocabulary
- Answering reading comprehension questions quickly, without reading the entire passage
- Using comparison and contrast clues to solve sentence completion problems
General Topics Include:
- Solving “Multiple Right Answer” questions
- Utilizing the process of elimination
- Mastering time management skills
- Minimizing test anxiety
- Identifying common distractors
- Additionally, strategies for the analytical writing section are outlined, and sample prompts with accompanying essays are discussed.